Sunday, January 8, 2012

The first time that I went on stage

Hello! I'm Catherine wang and today I'll going to write about narrative essay.


Experience new thing is exciting but nervous. For me, the most exciting experience was 


the first time that I went on stage for speech contest . I went to a Englishcamp called


 Sung Sil university camp. The Sung Sil university's auditorium was so big thatI can hardly 


see a back side of the auditorium. When I was a third grade (Korean age), I 


was having a big confidence of my self. I was thinking that I was a super girl and I was 


thinking that I can do anything that I want. At winter vacation , I went to a sung sil university


camp. I really wanted to be on speech contest. I was full of passion in my mind. I went 


to home and I practice a speech contest. I was doing a really hard on speech contest  


even my older brother said : YOU 'RE A WORKAHOLIC!!! Anyway I dreamed about the 


picture that I was standing on a stage, giving my speech very nicely.


  Next day,  my native teacher Miss Christina asked to our class about the speaker of the 


speach contest. I raised my hand very straight to show Miss Christina that I'm really want t


to be a speaker. Every students gave a speech to our class to choose who will going to b


e out in speech contest. I very nervous because every did a great job. At that time I was 


praying to god. Finally , the whole speeches were finished. Then than Miss Christina told 


the representative speaker of speech contest. It was me!!! I was reall~~y happy. I was 


looked like a crazy monkey who got a full of bananas. 


    It was the speech contest day. I was waiting at the front of the speech , practicing my 


speech paper. The announcer say my name and I was on the stage. I felt like 1000 of eyes 


was looking straight at me. I chew my mouth and it was bleeding. I pulled myself together 


and start my speech. I chose three people and looked them around. Everyone was 


listening to me. I tried to talk like that I 'm having a conversation with the audience and my


speech was finally end. My heart was pumping like a mad lion. My first experience on


stage was really cool , fantastic , wonderful and make me happy. 


 My first experience on stage was really good. But it was also scary and made me  


paralyzed. This experience taught me that having a passion is very important. 


I can be on stage because I had a passion about my self. Once again I learned that


having a passion is very good .

1 comment:

  1. Catherine,

    Great story! I thought you did a good job in narrating your experience by having a good structure and interesting actions and desctiptions. Watch out for grammatical (use of tenses) and spelling errors.

    ReplyDelete